Last night I had my last dance class of the year and it got me thinking about 2009. It was an absolutely terrible year for me, personally but in the dancing sense – it was FANTASTIC! Dance-wise it’s the best year I’ve had yet (and I’ve only had 2.5 years of it).
At the beginning of the year I would make a little “x” on the dates that I performed – unfortunately I stopped doing it halfway through the year. I’m pretty confident that I’ve performed once a month – which is fantastic for me considering in 2008 I performed about 4 times?
This year I:
- Attended my first workshop with Kimberly Mackoy – not only a gorgeous dancer, but a lovely person!
- Learnt some basic (and not so basic) ATS
- Performed with over 200 dancers on World Bellydance Day 2009
- Became unofficial substitute teacher in training for my troupe – Maya Bellydance Troupe
- Finally mastered liquid eyeliner!
- Made my very first bellydance bra
- Learnt to sew
- Hand-made my entire tribal outfit
- Made some incredible online friends
- Performed at least once a month and only ever missed 2 classes!
I hope that 2010 will hold more for me in the dancing sense and in the personal sense – I need it! 🙂 And this holiday I vow to keep dancing at least once a week (as if for class) and then extra if I can! A special thanks to YOU who read my blog – seeing the views go up constantly keeps me writing this because people are obviously coming back to read it. So thank you and feel free to comment or send me a link to your blog! I would LOVE to read it!
My favourite links!